FAQs about Car Window Repair
Clear Choice Auto Glass in Issaquah is your local full-service mobile auto glass repair and replacement company. We know that despite following good traffic rules of following distances and going slow on gravel roads, chips and cracks do occur. When it happens to you, you may have some questions. This week’s blog will cover some of the more common questions people have.
Does the Location of the Chip or Crack Matter?
- Location of the chip or crack does indeed matter.
- A chip near the edge of the windshield is more likely to turn into a growing crack.
- The windshield curves at its, edges making a weak point that allows chips to turn to cracks.
- A chip in this location should be repaired as soon as possible.
- If a chip or crack is directly in the driver’s view, it should be repaired for safety.
Can I wait to get a chip or crack repaired?
- If the chip is at the edge, or in your line of sight, it should be repaired right away.
- If a chip reaches the middle, laminated, layer of the windshield it should be repaired immediately to prevent water getting into the middle layer and causing further damage.
- If a crack is longer than a credit card, it it compromising the integrity of the strength of the windshield.
- A windshield gives the structure of a car between 25-36% of its strength so it should be kept as strong as possible and cracks and dings should not be left unrepaired.
- Call for immediate repair or replacement. Don’t forget, we come to you!
Clear Choice Auto Glass is Issaquah is your local full-service mobile auto glass repair and replacement company. This week’s blog will cover some of the more common questions people have.